What is the Downtown Courtenay Business Improvement Association?
The Downtown Courtenay Business Improvement Association (DCBIA) was formed on October 18, 1995. The purpose of the DCBIA is to provide leadership in the business community to ensure that the Downtown Courtenay Business Improvement Area continues to be vibrant and responsive, meeting the needs of its members and the public and remaining on the leading edge of change. Today the DCBIA boasts more than 240 members, including retail and professional services, restaurants and cafes, property owners, arts and cultural venues and more. A volunteer Board of Directors, together with a part time executive director, and DCBIA members, work tirelessly on developing internal and external marketing strategies to attract people to the downtown core. This group also works on implementing various infrastructure improvements, including a banner program, signage, streetscape improvements and more, in conjunction with a proactive City of Courtenay council and senior staff.
DCBIA Areas Strengths
- A diverse retail and business mix, with high standards in customer service and product quality, all found within a small and vibrant downtown core.
- Considered one of the best downtowns in British Columbia, Downtown Courtenay’s central location is accessible to all Comox Valley communities and surrounding communities on Vancouver Island via train, bus, air and automobile.
- Downtown Courtenay is considered the Arts and Cultural precinct of the area, featuring a dynamic civic theatre, museum, art galley and library all within three blocks of each another.
- The area offers a safe and clean environment boasting landscaping, hanging baskets, banner programs, events and more.
DCBIA Information and Programs for Members
- Board of Directors
- Facade Improvement Grant Program
- Past Newsletters
- Annual General Meeting
Not in the DCBIA borders but interested?
- Associate Memberships