Why open your business in Downtown Courtenay?
When you’re looking to start your own business, it’s often a dream come true – sometimes years in the planning. Where to locate the business is a key component of your planning efforts. Or perhaps you want to move your existing business to a new location. Downtown Courtenay is right in the middle of all the growth the Comox Valley is experiencing.
The customer you are looking for is right here in this bustling community.
“We could not picture being anywhere else ever again. We are constantly busy with foot traffic and our wonderful customers. Everyone who works downtown has given us such a big friendly welcome, we feel like part of a little family. We truly are in the heart of the city and we enjoy being involved in popular and fun events throughout the year. Being a member of the downtown BIA is not only fun because we get to touch base with other businesses so often but we also get to vote and give an opinion on important downtown matters and events. Though we are fairly new, we hope to be a part of downtown for many, many years to come!” ~ Alicia and Dayne, Find Hers Keep Hers owners
GROW YOUR BUSINESS WITH US
Here’s why a Downtown location is better for your business:
BENEFITS OF LOCATION
- Thriving area with high walk-in and drive by traffic
- Convenient free parking for your customers
- Belong to a family-based community with supportive neighbours and friendships
- Tourist destination with support from hotels who send their guests downtown
- Enjoy the stream of new customers brought to the area by popular annual events
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Benefit from an active and supportive BIA
- Group BIA Marketing and Events
- Strength in numbers
- Support from the City of Courtenay
- Downtown Courtenay has affordable rents and lease rates. Keeping your overhead low is key to survival for a new and small business, and for actually generating a profit.
- For examples of lease rates and triple net in the Comox Valley, look here.
FLEXIBLE DAYS OF OPERATION
- In Downtown Courtenay you choose your store’s days of operation. While many businesses are open 7 days a week and on most statutory holidays, you choose your open days.
FLEXIBLE HOURS OF OPERATION
- In Downtown Courtenay, you choose your hours of operation. Although being open evenings and holidays is encouraged, you have flexibility regarding your hours of operation.
ACTION & EXCITEMENT
- Downtown Courtenay has festivals and parades throughout the year that bring thousands of new potential customers to the area ready to discover your business.
- The cultural hub of the Comox Valley is downtown with the civic theatre, art gallery, library and museum all located in the centre.
BE PART OF A COMMUNITY
- Downtown Courtenay stores are often family-based businesses where your neighbours take the time to get to know you and make a point of looking out for each other.
- Downtown Courtenay has an active BIA with board members who have businesses in the Downtown. The BIA actively seeks and listens to feedback so you as a business owner have a say in a lot of what goes on in the Downtown.