Downtown Courtenay Presents
Comox Valley Christmas Parade
Sunday, December 4, 2022 – 2:00 pm 5th Street
CALL FOR ENTRIES – The Downtown Courtenay Business Improvement Association (DCBIA), together with major community sponsors, are pleased to invite you to participate in the Comox Valley Christmas Parade. Thanks to the support of community businesses that continue to contribute to an ever flourishing Comox Valley Christmas Parade.
This year with cash and gift prizes for best floats in various categories, the parade will bring a great deal of attention to your business or organization and lots of Christmas spirit to the Comox Valley!
The 2022 Parade theme is “A Gingerbread Christmas”. All participants are encouraged to incorporate the theme into their floats and entries.
There is a small entry fee to help offset the expense of prizes and promote the event.
If you would like to participate in the event with a float, a marching band or another group please fill out the application below and return it with the entry fee by November 25, 2022.
For more information call or email Tracey Clarke, 250-800-9497 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parade Date: December 4 2022
Parade Time: All floats and participants must be in position no later than 1:30pm. The Parade will start at 2:00pm sharp.
Parade Route: 5th Street & Harmston Ave, Down 5th Street to 5th & Cliffe
Application Deadline: Friday November 25, 2022
Best Overall Entry – $500 Cash from Mackenzie Gartside & Associates
Best Commercial Entry – $500 Advertising from The Comox Valley Record
Most EntertainingEntry – $500 in Gift Cards from Old Farm Market
Best Non-Profit Entry – $500 Cash sponsor SoulStar Metaphysical Best Children/Youth Entry – $500 in gift cards from Ski Tak Hut
The Three Mayors Choice – $500 in gift cards from Thrifty Foods
Best New Entry -$500 sponsor Brian McLean Chevrolet
Additional Sponsors – Soul Star Metaphysical, Atlas Cafe, Kradles
Rules and Understandings
The Downtown Courtenay Business Improvement Association, together with major community sponsors, is pleased to have you participate in the Comox Valley Christmas Parade.
To help us ensure the event is a safe and enjoyable experience for all, please read and agree to the following:
1. A spot in the parade is not considered reserved until the application fee has been submitted.
2. Floats and participants must arrive by 1:30pm to the parade marshaling ground. Parade begins at 2pm.
3. As we have a Santa Claus featured in the parade, no participant entry shall have a person or figure dressed-up in a Santa costume. If anyone arrives with a person or figure dressed-up as Santa, it will be removed.
4. Our insurance requires that no candy be ‘thrown’ into the crowd from floats or along the parade route. If your group would like to hand out candy or approved promotional materials, it must be handed person-to-person only and follow current COVID Health Guidelines.
5. All applications must be able to provide proof of insurance of vehicles.
6. Music on floats is encouraged and selections must be festive. Please mark on application if you are planning to have music to help with float positioning.
7. There is NO solicitation for cash or ticket sales along the parade route.
8. A vehicle being used as a ‘float’ must be 2/3rds decorated.
9. Any entrants of horses and/or live animals require a clean-up person along the parade route.
10. No float may exceed the maximum height of 3.8 meters (12’5”).
11. All participants will disperse in the marshaling area.
The Parade Committee will review all applications and reserve the right to accept or refuse any application or participant. If any of the above statements are not complied with, the float or participants will be removed.
All floats after having completed the parade route, will disperse in marshaling area. It is imperative the dispersal be obeyed.
Thank you very much for your time and attention and for contributing to making this a wonderful community event!
Parade Float/Participant Application Form
Comox Valley Christmas Parade Sunday, December 4, 2022
SUBMISSION DEADLINE November 25, 2022
IMPORTANT: 1. All applications must include a photocopy proof of vehicle insurance. 2. Applications will be acknowledged by email and parade instructions will be sent by email. Please ensure email@example.com does not end up in your spam folder.