Membership in the Downtown Courtenay BIA
All businesses within the boundaries of the DCBIA are members of the Society, but are required to provide their information to the DCBIA Executive Director in order to be added to the database. This will ensure they are informed of projects, events, marketing and other initiatives of the BIA, and is a requirement of membership for purposes of voting at the Annual General Meeting and eligibility to stand for the Board of Directors. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, your business name and your phone number. The Executive Director will contact you for further details.
BIA legislation provides a special charge to be levied on commercial and/or industrial property with the designated area, which is how the BIA is funded. BIA members pride themselves on running a top-notch business that excels in customer and client service and satisfaction. Being a member offers you benefits, but needs your involvement to be successful. Consider how you can get involved!
BENEFITS OF BEING A DCBIA MEMBER:
- You elect a Board of Directors who will work hard with a part-time Executive Director to continue to improve the viability of the downtown; the place you make a living. Annual General Meetings are in May, and Board of Director meetings are generally the first Wednesday of each month. All members are welcome; contact the Executive Director for details.
- The DCBIA Marketing Committee will advertise and market the downtown Courtenay area, both on a local basis and externally to attract visitors.
- The DCBIA coordinates 3 major events each year and hosts many events downtown, which attracts thousands of people to come to the area to shop and do business.
- The DCBIA lobbies on behalf of its members with groups like the City of Courtenay for projects such as infrastructure improvements, public washrooms, signage, and more.
- The DCBIA develops partnerships within the community with groups like the Chamber of Commerce, The City of Courtenay, Arts and Culture groups, Tourism groups, neighbouring Business Associations, and more.
- You can attend the Annual General Meeting and other meetings held by the DCBIA. This allows you to give input into the direction of the DCBIA Board and downtown while networking with other DCBIA members.
- The DCBIA will continue to work with partners on improving the infrastructure of the area.
- You will receive E-newsletters once or twice a month that keeps you up to date on issues, opportunities, and events taking place in the area.
- You can get involved with the DCBIA by joining one of the committees or being elected as a Director on the DCBIA Board (see below).
- You can access the Board of Directors and the Executive Director for assistance with information, contacts and other resources to help build your business.
- Your business receives a full page listing on this website. For more information contact us
- COMMITTEES YOU CAN JOIN:
- Events Committee– Coordinates various events such as Moonlight & Magic, the Comox Valley Christmas Parade and Market Day.
- Marketing Committee– Works with the coordinator and other professionals to develop advertising and marketing campaigns for downtown. It also handles promotions and partnering projects.
- Community Engagement– Creates initiatives and assists local causes to enhance the DCBIA and give back to the community.
- Infrastructure Committee– Works with the City on improving the overall appearance and infrastructure of the BIA and downtown area.
Not in the DCBIA area, but interested in becoming an Associate Member?
Go here for information: Associate Memberships