Many of our Downtown Courtenay businesses that were closed are reopening in the coming days.
We ask for your patience as our small businesses put new plans and protocols in place to ensure your health and safety. If you are unsure about visiting a store check their social media or give them a call to find out what they are doing to keep you and their staff safe. If you aren’t ready to get out and about yet we understand and many of our shops are still offering curbside pick-up, appointments, and online shopping options.
Thank you for your incredible and continued support of our local businesses.
Below is an alphabetical list by category of some of the businesses that are open and the services they are offering during this time. Many businesses that are not listed here have reopened or are opening by June 1st.
Delivery, Take Out & Groceries
– Atlas Cafe. Open for take out Thursday to Monday from 4 pm – 8 pm. Online ordering and payment is available at https://atlascafe.ca/
– Big Foot Donuts. Open Tuesday to Saturday 8 am-2 pm (or until sold out). Closed Sunday and Monday. You can walk-up to their new window format but you are encouraged to preorder and prepay to make your stop quick and convenient. Call the shop at 250-871-6603, email [email protected] or place an order online https://www.bigfootdonuts.com/order-online. Check out their Facebook page.
– Blue Spruce Ice Cream. Open and in the shop for pint pick-up Thursday to Sunday from 1 p.m.- 5 p.m., limit one customer by the door at a time, card only. Offering delivery in the Comox Valley on Friday and Saturday. Check out their flavours at https://www.bluespruceicecream.com/ and on their Instagram. Email [email protected] or visit their website to place your order. E-transfer accepted.
– Edible Island. Open 11 am to 6 pm. Monday to Saturday, closed Sundays. Free home delivery on orders of $75 or more. Visit www.edibleisland.ca for details. Call 250-334-3116.
– Gladstones Brewing Co. Order online:https://www.gladstoneorders.ca/ or call: 250-871-1111. In-store pick-up is available and delivery to Courtenay, Comox, or Cumberland between noon and 8 pm.
– Hot Chocolates & Cakebread Artisan Bakery. Order online at www.hotchocolates.ca for both stores. Store pick up, local delivery & shipping options are available (some free!).
– Local Refillery. Open Tuesday-Saturday, 10 am to 4 pm for online pick-ups and at the door orders. www.localrefillery.com/orderonline
– Nikkei Ramen Ya. Offering take out. Call 250-897-4700. Online ordering coming soon. www.nikkeiramenya.com/
– Rawthentic. Open 10 am-2 pm. Call 250-338-0571. Available for pick-up and take-out only. Delivery is possible via Skip the Dishes. Free delivery with a minimum order of $20. https://rawthenticeatery.com/
– Runge’s Deli. Open for walk-in Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 5pm. Orders can be placed ahead of time by phone at 250-338-8621 or email [email protected]. Offering pick-up and free delivery service in the Comox Valley, delivering to Campbell River on Sunday’s.
– Tea Centre. Open Monday – Friday 11 am to 4 pm to pick up pre-paid orders. Call 250-338-6832 or email [email protected]. Offering free home delivery to Comox, Courtenay, Cumberland, Royston Monday to Friday. Teas on their website www.teacentre.ca. and regular mail orders being filled daily.
– The Mustard Lady & More. Find her at the Farmers Market on Saturday from 9 am-1 pm at the Exhibition grounds. Order online https://themustardlady.ca/ Email [email protected] or phone 250-792-3162 for pick up and delivery options.
Retail & Services
– 5th Street Florist. Open 9 am – 2 pm, Monday to Friday and 10 am – 2 pm on Saturdays. Phone orders 250-338-6736, website orders www.5thstreetflorist.ca. No contact delivery.
– Artifact. Safe distance pick-ups at the shop and free delivery in the Comox Valley. Email [email protected]
They are also working on setting up an online shop, coming soon!
– Bop City Records. CD and LP e-catalogues. You can order by phone 250-338-6621, email [email protected] or Facebook message. Pick up available.
– Cherry Wine Fashions. Shop online. Free delivery in the Comox Valley. Visit www.cherrywinefashions.com
– Extreme Runners. Offering appointment only safe shopping, one customer in the store at a time and all surfaces are wiped down before and after each customer. Email [email protected] to set up your shopping experience.
– Finders Keepers. Visit their online store at finderskeephers.ca/collections/all offering shipping, delivery, and local pick up.
– Games and Grounds. Items for sale on their Facebook page.
– Generations Laser. Shop online via the store website, Instagram and email. Free delivery for promotional products and services that can be prepaid and used once they open again! www.generationslaser.ca
– Green Valley Aromatherapy. Available for pickup and website orders. www.57aromas.com or call 250-334-4836.
– Hitec – Brazen Sportswear. Open for email or telephone orders. Digital printing and screen printing on light garments in a variety of colours and signs. Deliveries can be made by arrangement. Call 250-703-9697 or email [email protected]
– Home and Garden Gate. Shop by Facebook & Instagram, personal shopping available by phone. E-mail at [email protected] or phone 250-338-8404. E-transfer and Credit card accepted. Safe curbside pickup or free local delivery.
– IVORY & GREY. Shop by Facebook & Instagram, personal shopping available by phone. E-mail at [email protected] or phone 250-338-8404. E-transfer and Credit card accepted. Safe curbside pickup or free local delivery.
– Kradles. Free delivery or door front pickups, phone orders 250-703-9516, face time and other virtual shopping options. Visit their website.
– La Cache. Available Monday to Friday 9 am – 1 pm, Saturday 10 am-1 pm, closed Sunday. Call 250-871-0229. Visit them on Facebook.
– La Mia Bella. Shop online. They are offering shipping, delivery and contactless local pick up. Call 250-702-6164 or find them on Facebook.
– Laughing Oyster Bookshop. Open 24/7 online at www.laughingoysterbooks.com, Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for phone orders and front door pick up. Free delivery within the Comox Valley. New books continue to arrive daily!
–Packables Travel Solutions. Available via phone 2507925252, email [email protected] or on Facebook. Appointments are also available. Sympli the Best merchandise can be ordered securely at www.packableclothing.ca. Shipping is free within Canada.
– Rainforest Outdoor Living – Offering phone-in orders, pick up and delivery. Visit them online. Launching an online store soon!
– Searles Shoes. Visit www.searlesshoes.com to view their selection of footwear. Staff will be in the store working during this closure and available, either by phone or email, to answer any inquiries regarding colour, size and price on any shoe you are interested in. You can place an order via email [email protected] or telephone 250 334-3178. Delivery for those in the Comox Valley, for those outside this area they offer shipping. Product pickup at the storefront available.
– Shar-On’s All Sizes. Offering appointment only safe shopping. One customer in the store at a time. All cleaning guidelines are being followed. To make an appointment e-mail [email protected]
– SoulStar Boutique. Shop online at www.soulstarboutique.com. Free local delivery. $20 special discount for orders over $100 for the month of April. Call to Amanda at 250-898-1150.
– States of Summer. Shop online statesofsummer.com. Offering free local delivery and shipping.
– The Curious Cat. Visit their website at http://thecuriouscat.ca/. Send a private message on Facebook or call 250-897-0107. Delivery in the Comox Valley, all the way to Black Creek. E-transfer accepted.
– Uptown Yarns. Call 250-898-4116 for phone orders. Pickup and free delivery in the Comox Valley area. Delivery available once a week to Parksville, Qualicum and Campbell River areas .
– Whale’s Tale Toys. Phone orders call 250-338-1233. Curbside orders from 11 am to 3 pm. They will help you pick out the perfect game, puzzle or toy for your special one of any age. Delivery free of charge in the Comox Valley.
Online Classes and Events
– Lupine Art Studio. Offering online classes. www.lupineart.com
– Immigrant Welcome Centre. Providing services Monday to Friday 9-5 pm by phone 250-338-6359 and email: [email protected]
When you make a purchase from any one of our Downtown Courtenay businesses you can enter to win our Downtown Courtenay Give Away!
Downtown Courtenay is giving away $100 worth of gift certificates every 2 weeks until the end of May! And it is easy to enter.
1) Whenever you receive a delivery or pick up something new from a Downtown Courtenay business take a photo (or a video).
2) Share what you got with us in your story or in a post on Facebook or Instagram (or both)! And mention @Downtown Courtenay and the business.
3) All downtown Courtenay businesses are included so whether you bought a gift card to use at a later date, did some online shopping or ordered take away for dinner let us know.